Each year, Cannes shines in the eyes of the whole world, and offers delegates an exceptional setting in the Palais des Festivals et des Congrès.
The Film Festival offers international visibility, but does not remain the only flagship event in the city.
Indeed, the agenda is full all year round with the programming of international fairs such as MIPIM, MIPTV or LIONS.
However, in accordance with government measures in the face of the COVID-19 health crisis, Cannes is revising its 2020 agenda.
Following the Prime Minister’s announcement, the President continued on Monday April 13, 2020 the containment measures and the ban on gatherings of more than 100 people, at least until May 11.
Consequently, the Palais des Festivals is forced to announce a large number of postponements and cancellations.
In order to follow the progress of the 2020 programming, here is a brief summary of the events concerned:
– HEAVENT MEETING : Initially scheduled from April 20 to 22, then extended to July 06, 07 and 08, 2020, the show is finally plan on September 1st to 2nd.
– FESTIVAL de CANNES : Pour sa 73e édition, le Festival de Cannes n’aura exceptionnellement pas lieu en mai !
Initialement prévu du 12 au 23, le rendez-vous des professionnels de l’industrie cinématographique, stars internationales et acteurs est reporté.
Un premier report était envisagé fin juin -début juillet 2020, mais à ce jour, d’autres hypothèses sont étudiées afin d’assurer la diffusion des projections.
Parmi elles, le Festival de Cannes lancera cette année son marché du film Online du 22 au 26 juin 2020. L’occasion de soutenir les professionnels de l’industrie du cinéma.
– CANNES FESTIVAL : For its 73rd edition, the Cannes Film Festival will exceptionally not take place in May!
Initially scheduled from 12 to 23, the meeting of professionals from the film industry, international stars and actors is postponed.
A first postponement was envisaged at the end of June-early July 2020, but to date, other hypotheses are being studied in order to ensure the dissemination of the projections.
Among them, the Cannes Film Festival will launch its Online film market from June 22 to 26, 2020.
The opportunity to support film industry professionals.
– CANNES SERIES : Like the Cannes Festival, CANNESERIES announces the postponement of its season. CE, from October 3 to October 9, 2020.
– IT & IT SECURITY MEETINGS : Postponed to September 15, 16 and 17, 2020
Due to concerns over the Coronavirus some events have been definitively canceled for 2020 and postponed to 2021.
Cannes, flagship destination of Business Tourism, is doing everything possible to re-program its agenda.
– MIPIM : The famous real estate fair, which was to take place from June 2 to 5, 2020, has been canceled.
In return, the organizers offer a virtual alternative but also a gathering in Paris in September so as not to break the link completely.
Indeed, from April, a free online service will allow all participants already registered, to have content, commercial tools and networking.
In Cannes, the next edition of MIPIM will be from March 16 to 19, 2021.
– MIDEM : The next edition of Midem will take place from June 1 to 4, 2021 in Cannes. Like MIPIM, it is being transformed and offers a new format, namely a digital edition: Midem Digital Edition.
This online service, accessible to all, aims to bring the international music community together to discuss, collaborate and share.
– CANNES LIONS : The biggest professional advertising and creativity event in the world is canceled and will take place from June 21 to 25, 2021.
– TEDXCANNES : Edition 2020 canceled, postponed to February 13, 2021.
However, our agency Laurencebevents, will re-schedule and successfully postpone your events.
We are seizing this “opportunity” to design and offer new, original and memorable experiences.
Laurencebevents, your partner agency, by your side.